Crop Insurance – This policy will cover losses for all field, horticultural and plantation crops as a result of uncontrollable pests and diseases, wind and hailstorm damage, flooding, frost, fire and lightning, theft, malicious damage, explosion, windstorm and loss or damage incurred during transportation of harvested crop to the market.
Livestock Insurance – We provide cover for all domestic animals and game in the event of accidental death or injury due to fire, lightning, diseases, accidents, snake bites and theft and other perils stated in our policy.
Farm buildings, plant and equipment cover – A comprehensive insurance policy which covers farm buildings and farm equipment/implements inclusive of water pumps, tractors, combine harvesters, planters, irrigation equipment and all other farm equipment. These are covered against fire, lightning, accidental damage, theft and unforeseen breakdown of machinery.
All covers on loss or damage are as a result of an insured risk (cause).
- Crops cover will include – All cereals, horticulture crops, legumes and all plantation crops.
- Livestock cover will include – Poultry, beef and dairy, sheep, goats and game etc.
- Farm buildings, plant and equipment cover will include – Farm buildings, irrigation infrastructure, tractors, combine harvesters and all other farm equipment.
All Insured risks will be guided as per the policy terms.
For all the covers fraud is excluded and punishable by law.
- Agriculture Insurance is a must have for all farmers because it is a sure way of protecting one’s investments.
What you need to apply
- Fully completed crop proposal form – Name, Physical address, Type of crop, Sum Insured.
- On-farm valuations also needed apart from fully completed proposal forms – Farm records a prerequisite
- Fully completed livestock proposal form – Name, Physical address, Type of livestock, Sum Insured.
- On-farm valuations also needed apart from fully completed proposal forms – livestock records a prerequisite.
Farm buildings, plant and equipment cover
- Fully completed proposal form – Name, Physical address, Type of building/equipment, Sum Insured.
- On-farm valuations also needed apart from fully completed proposal forms – records of maintenance and service schedules a prerequisite.